SRHC Diabetes Program
Diabetes affects nearly 24 million people in the US, and another nearly 6 million are unaware they have it. North Central Kansas isn't immune to this disease. Diabetes is the sixth leading cause of death and is a costly disease, both in terms of treatment, loss of employment and disability. Salina Regional is committed to help North Central Kansans help control this disease. The section will provide lots of helpful information.
Diabetes Support Group
The Diabetes Support Group a free program sponsored by Salina Regional Health Center developed and presented by the SRHC Pharmacy Residents. The meetings are for anyone affected by diabetes. A wide array of diabetes related topics are covered. No registration is required. Due to COVID-19 the meetings are now virtual and posted on our Facebook and YouTube pages rather than hosting in-person meetings.
If you are not a current member and would like to receive email notifications, please reach out to us at firstname.lastname@example.org.
To view any or all of the past meetings visit:
Learn More About:
- Myth or fact: Diabetes
- What to know about type 2 diabetes
- Are you at risk for type 2 diabetes?
- Diabetes Quiz
- How diabetes damages the body
- Superfoods to the diabetes rescue
- Life With Diabetes: 7 Ways to Stay Positive
- Exercising when you have diabetes
- Protect your feet
- Take a stand for better blood sugar control
- Portion control is key to diabetes-friendly treats
- Sweet diabetes success with baking blends
- The facts about type 1 diabetes
- Game-day advice for kids with type 1 diabetes
- Checkups to get when you have diabetes